This month was AMAZING. Is it just me or does life get better and better the older you get? I remember thinking that I wanted to be 14 forever because nothing could be more fun than 14. Now I am just really glad I couldn’t make that wish come true! Today I am going to share a few of the things that have made August so special for us. And just to clarify, I actually wrote this post in August…. And then didn’t get around to publishing till now. I know we are already a week in to September!!!
15 Favorite Things About August 2017
1. Zander took his first steps!!
2. Kris got his first job interview at our top choice for hospitals!
3. I got my second audition with the producers of a big singing TV show, more on that soon.
4. Zoey suddenly learned all her alphabet letters and their sounds.
5. We spent a few weeks exploring Ohio as a potential next place for our family to live.
6. I partnered with my DREAM BRAND, one that I have hoped to collaborate with since I started blogging. More to come on that note very soon!
7. I was scammed on an Instagram giveaway and lost money, but in the end gained an amazing group of girlfriends who were also scammed. I am mad about the money, but things work out for a reason and I am so glad to have all these beautiful blogger babes in my life.
UPDATE: I got my money back! PayPal compensated me for the loss since the transaction was through PayPal. THANK YOU PAYPAL!!!
8. We started booking and planning our next Florida trip!!! Woot woot!
9. My parents moved back to the states, which makes me so happy! Finally our time zones will match up enough that we can talk more than once a month.
10. My brother, who I haven’t seen in over a year came to visit, and I finally got to meet his beautiful wife (also named Rachel!).
11. I started learning the guitar (finally!) and can actually play 3-4 songs now.
12. I redesigned my house AGAIN (I have an addiction to rearranging furniture…). Wait for pics coming soon of the cutest playroom on the planet.
13. We visited Nauvoo for the first time and got to visit the Temple and the place where Joseph Smith and his family lived. Although Zoey and Zander screamed the whole way through the Sacred Grove, the rest of the experience was really uplifting and beautiful. It was fun to connect with such a huge part of our personal history.
14. I ate a whole fish stick. Those who know me know what a big deal this is.
15. I had some life changing experiences that are too personal to share here, but were so impactful on my life that I feel like a different person than I was even a month ago.
August has been a good month for us. Honestly, unforgettable, for so many reasons. I am always trying to grow, learn, change and experience new things, and August has been especially productive in that department.
Keep scrolling for more pictures or…
Swimsuit: Swimsuits For All