This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #KingOfFlavor #CollectiveBias I hope you guys enjoy reading about our fun beach day! There is nothing I treasure more than weekends with my babes lately.
We have one week till we leave on vacation so we have been trying to fit as much as we can into our time here while it is still summer. I have never experienced a winter in Erie, but I have heard SO many people say that they should be feared. I am not too worried since I love the snow, but we are still trying to take advantage of the summer as much as possible. These pictures are from this last weekend. We had such a busy day! Shopping, beach, a friends bbq and then finished off the evening with a games night with new friends. Zoey is so cute, she thinks that even our friends without kids are ‘her friends’ and gets so sad when they leave. She went to bed while people were still at our house on Saturday and in the morning when she came downstairs she looked at me in confusion and said, “mommy where did my friends go?!?!”
With such a busy weekend I like to plan easy meals that don’t require a lot of preparation, but are still packed with flavor. I recently bought some El Yucateco Green Chile Habanero, Red Chile Habanero and Caribbean Habanero that I really wanted to give a try. I came up with a simple recipe that I thought I would share with all you beach loving, summer people because it is great for days outdoors. Keep scrolling for the recipe – but first make sure to enter the contest below! El Yucateco® is giving entrants the chance to win a one-of-a-kind custom designed surfboard, camping packages and MORE!
Fresh Summer Cucumber Salad Wraps
- 2 limes
- 2 cucumbers
- 2 tbsp’s El Yucateco® Hot Sauce (I used Red Habanero, but I think the green or Caribbean would be just as tasty!)
- 2 tsp’s dried dill
- 1 cup mayo
- 2 tomatoes
- 8 burrito wraps
- 8 squares of tinfoil for wrapping the wraps in a beach day friendly way.
- Dice the cucumbers and put them in a bowl, squeeze in the juice of two limes, add the El Yucateco® Hot Sauce, dried dill and mayo. Mix and set aside, allow this to marinade for 15 minutes.
- While the cucumber salad marinades thinly slice the tomatoes.
- After 15 minutes place about 3-4 tbsp of the cucumber salad in the center of each burrito. Lay a couple slices of tomato on top and roll like a regular burrito, making sure to close both ends.
- Lay each burrito on a piece of tinfoil and fold the bottom corner and the right corner over. Roll the burrito over the left corner and fold the top down like an envelope. You can enjoy them mess free during your beach day or whatever other outdoor activity you might be enjoying!
I love the down to earth flavor of El Yucateco®. They add a lot less vinegar than other hot sauces so you really get the full flavor of the habanero. The El Yucateco® Red Habanero Hot Sauce is made with fresh red habanero peppers, tomato, and select spices and seasonings. It is the perfect go to sauce for so many recipes! The Green is just a little more spicy and has less vinegar. The Caribbean Habanero sauce is a perfect blend of yellow habanero peppers and fresh carrots, sweet and tasty. It is great with pork and fish. I love that the sauces are purse sized, so you can carry them with you on all your outdoor excursions. You can get them all at Walmart! Check out some more fun recipes and tutorials by clicking here: El Yucateco®.
I’m 28.5 weeks pregnant and it is really hitting me how soon this baby will be here. I cannot wait to meet him! I am soaking in this time that is just the three of us. I want to make the last few months before baby really special. We have been going to the zoo, the amusement park and the beach all the time.
I am so excited for our babymoon in Hawaii next week… I am sneaking some El Yucateco in my bag to enjoy while we are there. What are your favorite outdoor summer activities??