Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Schwarzkopf®. #HolidayHairCare #sponsored
When I realized the other day that I have had the same hair color for a quarter of a century (my whole life) I knew it was time for a change. I thought the Christmas season was a perfect excuse to go all out and try something new and drastic with my hair. I have always wondered what I would look like if I went from blonde to brunette, but didn’t know if I was brave enough to do it. With a little encouragement from my friends, I decided now is the time to be adventurous and try dying my hair a new color for winter.
Even though I am being brave in the color department, I am not venturing outside of what I know and trust when it comes to my hair dying supplies. I have been using Schwarzkopf® Keratin Color for over a year now to dye my roots (see all my posts with Schwarzkopf® here). It works very well on my hair and leaves my hair feeling healthy and vibrant. Unlike many other brands I have tried, it does not cause much hair breakage. In fact, my hair feels softer after I use Keratin Color! Not sure if that is supposed to happen, but it always does for me. So when I decided to go from blonde to brunette hair Keratin Color was my first choice.
Aside from giving me beautiful color results and the least damage possible, I also love what Keratin Color stands for. I mentioned this before on my blog, but it is worth mentioning again. Schwarzkopf® Keratin Color partners with Dress for Success. Every time you purchase a box you are helping give another woman a fresh start, a new beginning at pursuing financial success and independence. As a working woman myself I know just how important it is to be financially independant. I love knowing that while I get the hair color I want, I am also helping another women get the life she wants – and deserves.
Along with my new hair color I thought it would be fun to share with you all a simple hair do that is perfect for holiday get togethers, and some other holiday hair tips.
5 Holiday Hair Tips to up your Hair Game this Season
1. Dye your Hair a Bold New Color
There is no hair do that makes a statement like a whole new color. I’ve been using Schwarzkopf® Keratin Color for a year and love it, so when I decided to go from blonde to brunette I grabbed a box of Keratin Color from Walmart. It is easy to dye your hair with Schwarzkopf®, just follow these five easy steps:
- Put on the gloves and apply the pretreatment to your hair.
- Mix the developer and creme according to the instructions and then do a patch test on your skin according to the instructions.
- Strand by strand, saturate your hair with the color. Make sure you don’t miss any part of your hair!
- Allow the solution to sit in your hair for 30 minutes. If you are just touching up your roots follow the separate instructions for that.
- Rinse, shampoo and condition.
2. Touch up Your Hair Color as Needed
When you dye your hair a new color it may need some maintenance. Usually I touch up my roots every 4-6 weeks. This gives my hair some time between treatments so I do the least amount of damage possible, while still getting the best results. If you are staying the same color, make sure you remember the color on the box you bought originally. That way you can match it when you touch up your roots.
3. Learn Some Simple Holiday Up-Dos
It is good to have 3-5 go to hair do’s for the holiday. My favorite holiday up do takes about five minutes and all you need is some bobby pins and hair spray! It works great for both casual and formal occasions. Here’s how you do it:
- Gather your hair in your hands like you were going to put it in a ponytail.
- Twist it at the base and cup it into a messy bun on top of your head.
- While you hold it in place with one hand, start placing bobby pins with the other hand. This up do looks good messy, so just stick them randomly throughout your hair to secure it in place.
- Spray tons of hairspray all over to hold this look together!
- If you want to take it a step further, add some bobby pins with jewels for an extra festive look. Head to this post when you are done here to see the full look picture below.
4. Take a Hair Supporting Supplement
I take a supplement daily for my hair, especially during the winter when my hair is more likely to dry out. I talked about this just the other day on my blog. It is such a simple way to strengthen your hair and give it that extra vibrance it needs this winter season.
5. Coordinate Outfit Colors to Make your Hair Pop
I have talked about this in the past as well, but it is worth mentioning again! Choosing the right outfit and accessory colors can go a long way in making your hair stand out. Choose something that compliments your hair color. I find that jewel tones really go well with blonde hair and neutral colors tend to make darker hair stand out more. Head to this post when you are done reading to see the look below.
My new hair color wasn’t just for the holidays, it is also my birthday this month. A birthday feels like a good time for a whole new look. I am so excited that I made the scary decision in dying my hair from blonde to brunette, because I think the new color looks good and it is fun to change things up sometimes.
Life is too short to be afraid of new hair colors. Right?!?! I think I will go PINK next! What do you guys think??? Have you ever dyed your hair a whole new color?
I am not the only one dying my hair for this holiday season, a bunch of my blogger friends did it with me! Check out their posts here. Make sure to use this Ibotta offer when you are shopping to earn $2.00 cash back on Schwarzkopf® Keratin Color. You can also try Schwarzkopf® for free by visiting this link.
Keep scrolling for more pictures or…