This shop has been compensated by Schwarzkopf. #sponsored #FashionColorExpert
A few weeks ago I touched up my roots and shared a blog post all about how to do that with Schwarzkopf. You guys should know by now how much I love Schwarzkopf! Since my hair was an even color after my root touch up I thought it would be the perfect time to change my hair for the new fall season. I decided to go a few shades lighter with Schwarzkopf Color Ultime for a really bleach blonde look. When people think of fall hair colors they tend to go darker. Auburn, brown and black are typical fall hair trends (Color Ultime has options for that too!). But I think bleach blonde is great for fall too, it contrasts perfectly with the jewel toned clothing we tend to wear during the season!
As always, Schwarzkopf was easy to use. I got my Color Ultime from Walmart and followed the five simple steps below to achieve my new hair color.
How to Color Your Hair at Home
- Put on the gloves and apply the pretreatment to your hair.
- Mix the developer and creme according to the instructions and then do a patch test on your skin.
- Apply the solution all over your hair, making sure every strand is saturated.
- Leave the color in for 20-30 minutes, depending on desired results. Check the color after 20 minutes, and every 5 minutes after that.
- Rinse, shampoo and condition.
Above is the before and after picture of my hair with Color Ultime. It has been a week since I colored my hair and the color is still just as vibrant! I love the shine it gives my hair. My darker roots grow in really fast so I already have to touch up my hair pretty often, so using a bleach that lasts weeks and holds it’s color well is very important to me. That way I have to re-do my hair less often.
Zoey was really excited when I finished bleaching my hair because apparently, “Now we both have white hair!!” 😂. Blonde… white… same thing, right?! Close enough. With our matching hair I thought it would be fun to dress up in matching outfits too! She still loves doing mommy and me looks so I am taking advantage of that while I can. Below I shared a few fall style tips for your hair!
5 Fashion Tips for Fall Hair
- Wear colors that contrast with your hair color. For example blacks and berry colors look great with bleach blonde hair, blue and purple jewel tones pair perfectly with black and army green looks amazing with red and auburn hair.
- Give your hair more dimension with extra hair mousse and hairspray. Fall weather is perfect for bigger, bolder hair styles.
- Long hair can get so annoying with scarves! Try a chunky side braid or a fishtail braid when you are planning to wear a scarf most the day.
- Touch up your hair with Color Ultime every 9-11 weeks. Color Ultime provides long lasting color vibrancy and true to box results. Coloring every couple months keeps your hair color fresh and eye catching.
- Try a new color! A new season is the perfect time to step outside your comfort zone and try a completely new look!
I used to be so afraid to color my hair myself, but now that I have discovered Schwarzkopf it is just a regular part of my routine. It is kind of like liquid eyeliner. So intimidating when you try it for the first time, but then you start to wonder how you lived without it! Nothing but liquid eyeliner can create a perfect cat eye, and my hair color just isn’t the same without Color Ultime.
Do you change your hair with the seasons? What colors have you dyed your hair in the past?!
Keep scrolling for more pictures or…