Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser, Walmart Family Mobile. All opinions are mine alone. #YourTaxCash #CollectiveBias
Remember when I wrote a post about how our tax refund + our new Walmart Family Mobile Plus Plan was helping us save some extra money? We went on a super fun, completely spontaneous trip to Niagara Falls. I wish we could do spontaneous vacay’s every Wednesday, but today I am sharing an easier way you can stretch your tax dollar at home. With our new phone plan you can save money and enjoy more entertainment with your family. One of the things we LOVE doing is family movie night. The Family Mobile Plus Plan is awesome because not only does it have Unlimited* Talk, Text & Data, it also includes a free movie every month from VUDU (a $7 value, same as a new release rental). This plan is still helping us save money after our mini vacay, AND it makes a day at home extra fun and special. We LOVE to party so this is a huge bonus for our family and a really fun way to use a little bit of our tax refund.
*Includes up to 10GB of 4G LTE† data then 2G
Family movie night is a pretty typical way to spend a fun evening together. Pizza, popcorn, ice-cream, they all go hand in hand. But we like to make our family movie nights a little more unique and memorable than this! Our movie nights feel more like a party, and are actually quite simple to throw together. Plus, the way I do it you get some extra housework done too (you’d be surprised how much my three year old can clean with a little motivation!). I will explain more below about our super easy DIY concession stand, incentives and making your living room feel more like a theater.
How To Make Family Movie Night Unique & Memorable
What You Need
All your favorite party treats!
Simple decorations (I got some cute sparkly stars from Walmart with matching straws and plastic wine glasses)
A banner! (For the DIY concession stand)
A movie… obviously! If you have Walmart Family Mobile you can use your free VUDU movie
A roll of tickets
Pillows, blankets, everything to get cozy for the movie!
1. This family movie night party starts at the beginning of the day, if you have older kids you can even start a few days in advance. For toddlers just a few hours in advance is better. To start, add incentives to regular chores. Every time your kids do something to help around the house, reward them with tickets. The goal is to collect as many tickets as possible before movie night.
2. Set up your ‘Snack Store’ just about half hour before you want to start the movie. Arrange all the goodies in decorative candy jars. Pop popcorn. I got out all the ingredients for root beer floats since my family LOVES those!
3. Set ticket prices for the goodies.
4. Put up decorations. I think it is really fun to put up a banner. It is something you can use over and over again for every movie party. It really gives the table a concession stand feel. And it is probably the easiest DIY concession stand you’ll ever set up.
5. Set up the ‘theater’. We have a ton of bean bags and poufs so we used those to give our living room more of a theater feel. Kris and I get the giant bean bag, Zoey gets a cube pouf and we got a boppy pillow out for Zander to cuddle up in!!
6. Before the movie gets started, and during the show, your kids can use their tickets to ‘buy’ all their favorite treats. This was Zoey’s favorite part of the whole evening! She always asks me if we can set up the ‘at home store’ again…
7. Put on the movie! If you want to get the free monthly movie from VUDU, switching to Walmart Family Mobile is super easy. I got a Samsung Galaxy On5 for only $69 from Walmart and the SIM Kit is only $19.88. Since Family Mobile bills you later, you only have to pay $19.88 when you sign up.* You can stream your free VUDU movie to a smartTV via a compatible device
Last step: Make memories and enjoy your night!
Giving your family home movie night a fun twist like this will make it something your kids will remember for a long time! Not to mention, getting help cleaning up around the house is nothing to complain about… Zoey always asks me what she can clean to earn more tickets. To me that is the sign of a successful party tradition. Haha. Your kids are willing to clean for it!!
What is your favorite family movie night tradition? Do you like to go all out and set up a fun DIY concession stand like us??
*Disclaimer: All prices for phones and plans included in this post are accurate as of the date of posting; however, these prices are subject to change. Please refer to http://cbi.as/7e-jr or your local Walmart for current pricing.
Keep scrolling for more pictures or…