This month we have been back and forth between our home and Ohio! We are renting a little apartment here in Ohio. I know a few of you have been confused about where we are. So I just thought I would clarify. I think I mentioned in my last post, Kris is auditioning at a hospital in Ohio for residency. So when he is on shift, we are here. And when he is off for a few days, we go home.
So far he has really liked the hospital here. It seems like it might be a good option for residency next year. Although I would be really sad to leave the place we call home… I am always up for a new adventure! Honestly, what is more of an adventure than uprooting your family and moving to a random place you have never been before? Especially somewhere you have no family, and no friends (yet)???? Right?!!?! I am still trying to get used to the idea… I’d much rather the new place be Florida than Ohio… But calling it an adventure definitely is getting me more excited about the thought.
Here are a few things we have learned about Ohio so far (keep in mind we have only visited three towns, all in the same area….):
- There is lots of beautiful scenery. It is very green!
- The traffic rules are normal again (unlike Pennsylvania, who has ever heard of yielding when you merge onto a highway?!?!)
- It is way easier to find new, updated houses than anywhere we have lived in PA, and houses are pretty inexpensive in this area.
- There are willow trees everywhere (have I ever mentioned that my dream is to buy a house with a willow tree??)
- Our church seems to be more spread out, depending on where we lived we could have to drive up to an hour to attend church.
- The malls are very dark and have carpets… Not a fan. We have only visited two, but don’t most normal malls have skylights?? They feel dark and scary like parking garages. Ok not that bad, but they are dark.
So basically we really don’t know much about Ohio at all yet. Time will tell if we ever get to learn more… Kris won’t find out where we are going till March! At this point in medical school we still just get assigned a place (based on our top choices). We won’t really get to decide where we want to live for another 3-4 years, once Kris finishes residency. We have a bunch of options to consider, we put in our top choices, and then the rest is up to fate.
Right now we are in pretty much the same place as we were when I wrote this post two years ago. It was funny for me to read that post again and realize we are once again seriously considering an area in Ohio.
On another topic, yesterday Kris wasn’t feeling well. So he decided to stay home from the hospital. I felt bad that he was sick… But mostly happy he got to spend the day with us! We explored shopping in the area in the morning, and then in the afternoon we drove around neighborhoods near the hospital and found some really beautiful houses.
My favorite part of the day was visiting a nearby nature park. It was HUGE, we could have spent hours there, but our miniature king was cranky and needed to get home and sleep. So instead of hours, we spent hour. But in just that hour we saw about 10 turtles, two waterfalls, ducks, lots of fish, gardens, forest trails, a small beach, pretty fields with picnic tables, a couple beautiful fishing ponds and more. I was impressed and definitely would spend my summer days there if we end up moving to Ohio.
Do any of you know anything about Ohio? Would you want to live here?
STAY TUNED FOR PICTURES OF OUR APARTMENT COMING SOON!! IT IS SOOOO CUTE!
Keep scrolling for more pictures or…