Who doesn’t love a drive in theater?! When I got my hands on a mini Cinemood projector, planning an outdoor movie night was the first thing I wanted to do. Since the Cinemood is tiny and perfect for kids on plane rides, I brought it with us to St. George when we visited my parents. The warm St. George weather made it the perfect location for our ‘homemade drive in theater’. It was simple to set up and the kids had so much fun!
How to Make an at Home Drive In Theater
What you need:
- A Cinemood Storyteller projector – use the code RACHAELB for a 10% discount!
- A white sheet
- Safety pins
- A big blanket and pillows for everyone
How to set up your at home drive in theater:
- Create your drive in theater screen by fastening the white sheet up around some trees or a tall structure you have outside (we used a swing set to hang our sheet). Use the safety pins to hold the sheet in place.
- Lay out the blanket and throw some pillows on it.
- Place the Cinemood projector so it projects onto your drive in theater screen, we used a little accent table to hold our projector.
- Bring out the snacks.
- Wait for dark and then start your movie!!
For our movie we had some delicious homemade cheesecake bites. My dad made them for us and they were soooooo good! We also had some soda. The second movie night shown in these pictures (back at home in Erie) we enjoyed a different treat. I was looking up healthy treat options when I came across Smart Sweets, I had to try them. The only sweetener they use is stevia, and it is such a tiny bit. They are also packed with as much fiber as 6 servings of veggies! We loooove them, great guilt free movie night treat. You honestly wouldn’t know when you’re eating them that they aren’t a regular candy.
We had so much fun sitting outside and watching a movie in our home made drive in theater. The Cinemood projector is good for so much more than an at home drive in theater though. Like I said, it is great for travel, especially travel with kids. It is tiny, portable and the battery lasts a long time. Since it is preloaded with tons of cartoons, it is perfect for roadtrips and plane rides. You can stream youtube, what preloaded cartoons, or add your own movies and TV shows using a USB hard drive. It is also small enough that you can hold it in bed, while you watch a show on the ceiling. That is my favorite feature!
Get a 10% discount on your Cinemood Storyteller with the code RACHAELB!
Have you ever made a homemade drive in theater? How did you set it up?
Keep scrolling for more pictures or…