I think I have already shared all the fun details of our Niagara Falls trip in this post of exploring the falls & town, and this one reviewing our hotel. (I also posted about Niagara last summer, we really like Niagara Falls…🙈) So I think I probably have outdone the limit of Niagara Falls posts, BUT I just had to share these pictures of my most adorable babes in their matching pjs in our hotel room. Also I mentioned in my other post that I would share pics of the view from our hotel room, so that is right below. Waking up to this view was totally worth paying a little extra for our room, LOVED it!
(TBH I actually have one more Niagara Falls post because we visited this really cool spot right before we headed home – it was amazing – but I haven’t gone through the pictures yet!)
Since I don’t have anything particular to share with these pictures I thought I would share just a few memories from this month that I don’t want to forget:
1. Zoey has been saying, “When I grow up I am going to ……” (live in a castle, be a doctor, be a dancer, etc.). She says it all excited, but then her lip starts quivering and she cries and tells us she doesn’t want to leave us when she grows up. I don’t know where she got the idea that she has to move out when she grows up. We always ask her to promise she will please live with us forever, but she got the idea somehow and gets emotional whenever she thinks about it.
2. Zander can officially scoot. He kind of does the inch worm, butt up in the air and face to the ground, then he propels himself forward with his feet.
3. Zoey is now diaper free at bed time! I am not sure what the normal age is for this, but she seems too little to be so grown up. She wakes up in the night and goes to the bathroom all by herself without even waking us up….
4. Kris did his first emergency rotation and liked it! That is the specialty he is most interested in pursuing, so it was exciting to finally try it out. He did three night shifts in a row 7pm-7am which surprisingly resulted in him spending more time with us during the day then when he does his 7am-7pm shifts. He was exhausted, but loved the night shifts.
5. This month Zoey has been obsessed with her birth story. I made a scrapbook with pictures of my pregnancy and her birth. She loves going through it and telling her stuffed animals the story of when she was born. 😍😍😍
6. Zoey also is really convinced that she used to be a baby brother and will one day grow up to be a ‘big boy’.
7. I finally got my voice back!! I haven’t been able to sing for like a month😩 and its been really sad.
8. Zander went in the hot tub for the first time this month. It is usually too hot for him, but we had some really warm days this month. So we turned down the temp and brought him out and he LOVED it!
9. We haven’t used our bath tub once this month (since we bought our spa), we used to take baths at least twice a day… We love soaking in hot water around here. So minus the initial cost of buying the hot tub we are actually saving money on our utility bill. Win!!
10. Zander definitely recognizes and knows everyone in the family. Zoey can make him laugh harder than anyone else. When she isn’t playing with him and he is chilling on the floor he will follow her with his eyes all over the room. He will roll and scoot and twist to change positions so she is always in his sight. When she notices, 99% of the time she drops what she is doing and runs to him saying, “Awwww bee bee brudder!!” She gets down to his level and grabs his little cheeks and kisses him and smothers him with ‘love’. I always feel this mix of heart melting-ness and please don’t hurt him emotions.
I just sat here and tried to think of what stood out in my mind as the best parts of March and those are the first things that came to me. I am tired a lot and have a messy house a lot and have trouble keeping up with blogging and social media these days, BUT I am trying to focus on the positive. My two little babies (and my big one😜) are just giant rays of sunshine.
Keep scrolling for more pictures or…