After we spent a day at Busch Gardens & the splash pad I told Kris I wanted to spend all day every day at the beach, for the rest of our vacation in Treasure Island. He wanted to spend more time at the hotel pool though. So we compromised and spent 95% of the time at the beach, and 5% at the pool. That is a compromise, right? 😜😜😜 We stayed at the Treasure Bay Resort & Marina. This beach is directly across the road from it, it is seriously the perfect place to stay for a peaceful beach vacation. Treasure Island Beach is much quieter than some of the touristy beaches, but every bit as gorgeous. It is has the softest sand by the waters edge, and a string of seashells a couple feet up from the tide, outlining the whole waters edge. It was perfect.
Zoey and I collected shells and jumped over waves and built sandcastles. Kris and Zoey chased seagulls waaaaaaay down the beach for awhile. Actually Zoey chased the gulls. Kris chased Zoey. Zander slept most the time. There is just something really peaceful about a day at the beach. Since I don’t have any exciting beach stories though, I thought I would just share my favorite moments from April. Last month I shared 10 things about March that I loved, so I thought it would be a fun tradition to start each month.
April was AMAZING. Like I have said before, my life is far from perfect. But April was about as perfect as a month could be.
Ps. Before I get started – the bathing suit I am wearing in this post is from Shop Stevie – I am obsessed with it! You can check it out here, but it sells out really fast. I didn’t know this till recently, but if you are a Shop Stevie fan like myself and something is sold out you can find a rep near you to see if they have it OR, even better, you can become a rep yourself. Check out more about their rep program HERE.
17 Favorite Moments From April
1. We went to Florida for the first time.
2. We went to Disney World for the first time.
3. We went to Florida for the second time (Kris bought tickets without even telling me – we had discussed the idea casually but I didn’t think it would happen – BEST SURPRISE EVER!!)
4. Zoey has had a bug obsession this entire month. Every time she finds an ant she goes on and on and on about it. I timed her a few times, she can talk about one ant and how cute an ant is for 45 minutes +. She is like me – when she is in a good mood it is just incessant (probably pointless), but happy, chatter.
5. Zander started sleeping 12 hours at night (again, he used to and then he stopped for a bit).
6. Zoey started saying, “yup indeed!” to answer questions
7. Zoey (the vegetable hater) decided avocado, sprouts and mustard on a wrap was a delicious dinner 😍
8. Zoey yelled at me from another room in the house the other day, “I WANT TO GO ON SNAPCHAT!!!!”. I don’t know why, I liked it. She sounded so angry😂.
9. Kris split the hours on his rotation this month with three other students so we got to spend WAY more time together! I loved that.
10. We visited Busch Gardens – which was amazing. We seriously want to move to Tampa just to get seasons passes there.
11. I started buying bathing suits because it is FINALLY GETTING SUNNY. Yay. Then Kris forbid me from buying more bathing suits when he realized I had 27 that I like and are fairly new… Oops. That is a normal amount of bathing suits for someone who lives in a place that has 7 months of winter – right?!
12. Zoey told Zander to “eat yourself buddy! Just eat yourself! ……. just tricking!” What does that even mean?!?
13. Zoey has started saying to me randomly, in a tone of voice that sounds just like me, “What do you want to do mommy?? We can go in my bedroom and play… or go upstairs on the deck with you and me! Whatever you want to do mommy, whatever you want!”. I say the same thing to her all the time and it is so funny and weird to hear it back.
14. Zander flew for the first time – four plane rides total in April. I am NOT a fan of flying with Zander 😂 But it is a milestone that should be remembered.
15. Zoey has started ‘texting people’. She picks up a phone or iPad and tells siri to, “Text daddy that I am playing with my toys right now.” Or something random like that. Or she will look at the keyboard on my phone and try and find the first letter of the name of the person she wants to text. Or she will actually go into my messages and find someone she recognizes and start sending them selfies and voice memos haha.
16. I think we may have (majorly crossing my fingers) seen our last snow of the season this month.
17. I am starting to feel like my normal-not-perpetually-exhausted-self again (since having Zander) – back to being able to work and blog and sing and stay up late! I looooooooove it.
So those were a few of my favorite April moments! What were your favorite parts of April?
Keep scrolling for more pictures or…