I am more than a little bit excited about my birthday this month. Being 25 is horrible. Every time I say ’25’ all I can think is that I am a quarter of 100 years old. Yuck. Being a quarter of a century just feels sooooo… icky. Luckily 26 isn’t (exactly) a quarter of a century. 26 sounds nice to me, it doesn’t make me think of my progress towards 100 years. I am so happy to leave 25 in my past and never turn be that age again. The one good thing about 25 is it is the first year that I have been able to remember my age consistently, because how could you ever forget that you are a quarter of a 100 years old?!!? I am fine with going back to forgetting my age for another few years though.
In honor of my birthday I decided it would be fun to share a list of things I want from this year. Some are materiel, some are experiences, a few have to do with personal growth and #17 may shock you (it certainly shocks me). But this is everything I hope for out of my 26th year of life. I know by now that nothing ever goes as planned. But it is fun to dream, so just humor me for a minute as I plan out my perfect year of freedom from being a quarter of a century.
26 Birthday Wishes for my 26th Birthday
I divided my birthday wishes up into categories below. There is personal growth, career, family and fun.
1. to be less worried about what people think of me.
2. to find even more time to meditate and disconnect from social media and entertainment. Look inwards more.
3. to be more forgiving and understanding.
4. to love every moment, the good and the bad, and see each day as a gift, to accept pain and joy as they come.
5. to not be afraid to step outside of my comfort zone in order to build a friendship.
6. to be more in touch with myself and what I need.
7. to prioritize sleeping, eating and exercising.
8. to not read into the things people say or do.
9. to go on a cruise for the first time!
10. to save enough for a new car.
11. to go to Florida at least three times.
12. to buy our first HOME.
13. to have a fenced in yard and at least at least a quarter acre property.
14. to get a family pet.
15. to try out micro-bead hair extensions and pink hair.
16. to be a more present mom.
17. to get pregnant!! (WHAT?!?!)
18. to have dance parties with the kids more often.
19. to get out in nature as a family more.
20. to go on date nights out of the house frequently.
21. to make more money than Kris in his first year as a doctor.
22. to hire a live in personal assistant/nanny and train them to do everything I can do with my blog.
23. to double my blog readership.
24. to take better photos consistently.
25. to sing more often.
26. to grow to 100K Instagram followers.
If even just a few things on this list happen I will be thanking the birthday wish fairy. If number 17 comes true it may throw a wrench in all my other wishes. Being on bed rest would probably prevent me from working at all, going on a cruise, singing… etc. But a baby would be worth it. I will be writing more about that BIG decision soon, so stay tuned.
In the mean time, what do you think of my NEW HAIR?!?! Head to this post to read about my hair dying endeavors.
Keep scrolling for more pictures or…